Saturday 26 February 2011

Concrete Blond


Concrete Blond

I first came across the utterly beautiful designs of Eric Barrett aka Concrete Blond a few years back, to my shame I can’t remember when or which event but that I was really impressed. I never forgot the work; it is so unique that I challenge anyone not to be intrigued by it.
Having moved recently it gave me the opportunity to go through various bits and pieces and I found the promotional card I’d picked up at the show. I went online and was yet again staggered by the work and felt compelled to write a blog post dedicated to this aesthetically pleasing ‘Walled-Paper’ surface.
According to the website (http://www.concrete-blond.com/home.htm) the ‘Walled-Paper is a well mastered technique of fine-casting concrete that captures the same graphic detail and visual appeal of patterned wallpaper.’ The almost lasered feel to the design means that the counter-relief of the pattern catches the light, giving it an almost silver effect and shine that a wallpaper would give. It goes on to mention that of course not only is the effect intricate and flawless but the advantages of using such a surface on your wall are numerous, it would out benefit the more traditional wall coverings.
There are a number of designs available, with even the offer of having your own handiwork or hearts desire cast to create a bespoke piece. You would imagine that should you ever own just a panel of this exquisite craft it would be a constant talking point for years to come.





No comments:

Post a Comment